Chicken Taco Soup ZERO POINTS – more like a chili and one of our favorite crockpot meals when it’s cold outside! It’s one of those dump and forget about it slow cooker meals with some taco seasoning for some spice.
0 Points (Freestyle)
- 1 white onion , chopped finely
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless , boneless, chicken breasts, thawed or frozen
Stir onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, dice tomatoes, and taco sauce into a slow cooker. *I sautee the onion before to make sure that they are not crunchy. Lay the chicken breast on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly so that it gets covered by other ingredients. Set slow cooker to low heat, cover, and cook for 3-4 hours on low if your chicken is thawed. May take 4-5 hours on low if your chicken is frozen.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup and shred. Stir shredded chicken back into the soup. You can add some water if you like it a little thinner.
Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.