Did you know that apple cider vinegar is one of the most versatile ingredients known to mankind? For centuries, it has been used for a wide range of cooking and household purposes. More importantly, it is an ancient folk remedy, claimed to treat countless health ailments. Here are some of its benefits:
- It helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level: The acid-alkaline balance is critical, as most bodily functions occur at certain level of alkalinity or acidity.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar helps to regulate blood sugar levels: It has been scientifically shown that regular consumption of ACV before meals increases satiety and reduces postprandial glycemia, both of which benefit those who struggle with prediabetes and diabetes.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar can help lower blood pressure: Multiple studies show that apple cider vinegar helps lower blood pressure, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar improves heart health: Besides its ability to lower blood pressure, which reduces the risk of heart disease, drinking ACV can help increase HDL, or “good” cholesterol, according to a 2006 study reported in Medscape General Medicine.
- It promotes healthy detoxification of the liver and other organs: It has been scientifically shown that apple cider helps detox the liver and stimulate circulation.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar eliminates candida overgrowth: Being high in natural enzymes, apple cider vinegar helps eliminate candida in the body.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar eases digestive ailments: Thanks to its ability to stimulate digestive juices and break down food, it helps treat heartburn, gas, bloating, and indigestion.
- Drinking apple cider vinegar promotes weight loss: According to a study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, participants who consumed ACV for 12 weeks managed to achieve significant declines in body weight as well as abdominal fat, waist circumference, and triglycerides.
If apple cider vinegar is difficult for you to swallow, you can prepare these apple cider vinegar gummies for a treat and reap the same benefits. To make them, you will need apple cider vinegar, apple juice, grass-fed gelatin, and water. The apple juice reduces the bitterness of apple cider, creating a balanced flavor.
Begin by mixing the liquid ingredients in a large skillet. Add the gelatin powder and mix, allowing it to hydrate for a few minutes. Switch the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring with a wooden spoon until the gelatin fully dissolves. Transfer the mixture into ice cube trays and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR GUMMIES :
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Preparation time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- 1 ½ cups organic apple juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 5 tablespoons gelatin powder
- Large saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Silicone ice cube trays or molds
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder and let it hydrate for a few minutes
- Stir well with a wooden spoon for until the gelatin is fully dissolved
- Pour into ice cube trays and refrigerate